1. In the past 30 years, the prevalence of overweight children tripled and it is now estimated that 1 in 5 children in the US is overweight.
Choosing Martial Arts for your child can help mitigate the obesity epidemic and encourage healthy physical habits.
2. Martial Arts training develops and maintains flexibility, endurance, strength, and reactivity.
3. Martial Arts training arms kids with Self-Defense skills.
4. Introducing Martial Arts at an early age encourages healthy mental health development and engenders long-term positive thinking, choices, and behaviors.
5. Martial Arts training encompasses development of focus, attention, goal-setting, planning, goal-completion, leadership, self-efficacy, courage, and empowerment.
6. Martial Arts training empowers kids with the confidence they need to resist negative influences and pressures around them.
7. Martial Arts training is a long-term acquisition of positive internal qualities that are developed in the physical learning process.
8. The physical exercises are examples of abstract philosophical principles such as energy, ebb and flow, creativity, balance, and intuition.
9. The synergistic combination of physical, mental, and spiritual development in martial arts will prepare the kids for all stressors – internal or external, on the streets and off the streets, throughout their lives.